Thank you for your interest in Back Roads Granola employment. Please be aware that we have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
We are currently hiring Production Workers. Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under general supervision, the Production Workers (PW) are responsible for preparing, baking, and packaging a predetermined amount of granola each working shift. Each PW is responsible for weighing out the raw ingredients, preparing the wet mixes, mixing the two together in a mixer, putting all of the granola onto sheet pans, baking, and packaging the granola.
They are also responsible for keeping their workstations clean and maintaining work areas, utensils, and equipment. This position requires a team player that is detail-oriented and extremely efficient in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full time (37.5) hour job, Monday-Friday 7:30-3:30 with a half-hour lunch break
Essential Job Functions:
- Review production schedules to determine the variety and quantity of goods to bake and assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking and packaging activities.
- Ability to regularly and repeatedly lift and carry bags of ingredients up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet walking and standing for an entire shift. (up to 8 hours)
- Scoop granola onto trays.
- Lift 26 lb. buckets full of ingredients to load mixers.
- Bending down to lift boxes, bags, or trays
- Carrying multiple 28 lb. boxes per shift
- Ability to push/pull a cart or rack with up to 350 lbs. on it.
- Operate the fillers, scales, labeler, and sealer safely and efficiently.
- Complete production sheets with yields and lot numbers.
- Work independently and closely with others.
- Operate ovens, mixers, dishwashers, and other machinery safely.
- Wash utensils, bins, trays, and equipment.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times.
- Complete production sheet with final yields and equipment used for the shift.
- Abide by all safety rules, regulations and policies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Great organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Reliability and flexibility.
- Basic Math skills
- Ability to meet strict timelines.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and closely with others.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal directions with ease.
- Ability to adhere to health and safety guidelines set forth.
While performing the duties necessary for a Production Worker, the employee will be exposed to moderate, continuous noise. The temperature of the work environment changes from extreme heat to average temperatures throughout the day and may be related to external seasons and temperatures.