Valentine’s Day may be over, but our love for chocolate is not! These double Chocolate Granola Cookies will satisfy your chocolate cravings and give you a boost of fiber, protein and micro nutrients!
- 1 ½ maple sugar, or other small crystallized sugar of your choice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup good quality cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Back Roads Granola of your choice (or equal parts granola and Just Oats)
- 6 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate chips
Arrange the rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture. Add granola and chocolate chips. The dough will be very stiff. Add up to ¼ cup of water if the dough is too stiff to make a compact ball in the bowl when the dough has been thoroughly mixed.
Form dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons per ball), and flatten slightly into a tiny hamburger patty shape. It is okay if the dough cracks a bit around the edges.
Place on a prepared cookie sheet, and bake 13 to 15 minutes. The cookies should still be a bit doughy in the center. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack; then store in an air-tight container till ready to eat.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Desert